"Floating Islands" isn't huge topic in the Eden community, but for the purposes of the wiki, these are unofficial classifications:
- Normal: Just appears to be a Floating Island
- Chain: Rare, but when this happens, there are multiple seperate islands floating near each other.
- Land Bridge: The Island looks like it would have been a part of a land bridge if it were connected to the other overhangs surrounding it.
- Small: 1-5
- Average: 6-11
- Large: 12+
Islands have usually only one layer about them, but rarely, it an island is large enough, there will be a small area where it could be up to 4 blocks deep. The deepest so far recorded is 4 deep, with a tree.
- These structures only contain surface materials: Grass, Flowers, and Weeds, rarely along with Dirt. Occasionally, a tree may spawn... Again, a very rare happening.
- Areas on floating Islands are usually one block high, and consist of Grass, Flowers, and Weeds, but you can rarely find a Dirt block underneath one layer, making that specific spot two layers deep.
- You can make your own floating islands by making a small tower with any block, then cutting off all the blocks except the top layer of blocks.